As someone who knows a slew of professional photographers that have had their work stolen (including myself), and as someone who has seen numerous people pass themselves off as professionals, I thought that this article was relevant to you as you search for your wedding photographer.
The gist of it, if you don’t want to read it, that in order to protect yourself from a poser is this:
- Meet the photographer is person and ask questions;
- Ask for references;
- Ask to see an entire event;
- Pay attention to photographic clues (including geography);
- Google the photographers name;
- Stay away from Craigslist.
Of course, blessings to you as you search for the right photographer for your wedding.
Thank you for spreading the love and keeping brides from getting burnt.
And thank you, Mike, for your insight and for getting the word out there. Love your posts.